Monday, September 5, 2016

Labor Day of No Work

Confession: I have done basically nothing today and it is driving me crazy.

When you have a three day weekend this early in the school year, you aren't behind yet, so you don't have copious amounts of school work to catch up on. You just made it back to town, so you haven't made any plans with friends to get out of town. It's just a lull day, and I have spent it doing almost nothing.

 C and I stayed up until 2 last night watching Mean Girls after playing games with friends, so I don't feel completely lame (as opposed to my roommates who were all in bed, lights out by 11....) but it still feels as though I should be doing something more.

 C, R and I all went and did some homework by the pool earlier (I know, my apartment complex has a pool. Greatest thing ever. Especially since it's been in the high 90's all week!), so I was a bit productive. I got ahead in my econ reading (an exact quote from one of my books is "Poverty is a bitch." Really wasn't expecting that and it cracked me up pretty good!!) and read An Abundance of Katherines by John Green (love him, don't love that book tbh).

Other than that I have done almost nothing all day and it has me feeling rather blah. Like I need to go out and do. Like I'm wasting my life. The problem I have right now is that everything I see and want to go do is back home, like Mailbox peak and Mt. Si and everything that was on my to-do list for this summer but fell behind work in priorities. As great as my jobs were this summer, it was really hard to feel like I had four months at home and really only spent one week doing adventurous fun things. I don't like that.

Anyway. My options for tonight are either to hit the gym or hike the Y. Honestly, I'm happy doing either, but my guess is that hiking the Y is going to give me the adventure rush that I'm needing. The other problem I have is that the people that always hiked it with me last year are either at school in california, or serving a mission, so I'm left by myself (C has already said absolutely not) or I have to find someone else and I really don't want to find anyone else.

So who knows what I'll end up doing tonight!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment