Monday, August 29, 2016

First Day of the Fall Semester 2016

Confession: As much as I love school, I really hate the first day of classes.

It is 2:06 and I am sitting on the slab bench in the Harris Fine Arts Center and I, M, have survived the first day of school.

Finding buildings, meeting new people, not knowing whether to expect a syllabus day or to jump right in, I just don't like it. I am a very schedule oriented person, and when I have yet to figure out schedules and routines, it bothers me.

But hey! I survived the day! Luckily on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, I have two of my three classes with my best friend, C. I have a whole nother first day tomorrow, and no best friends built into my classes.

Speaking of C, the reason I am still on campus is because I don't feel like walking home alone, and she has another class until 3. So I am in the HFAC for an hour, which will probably become routine, as I love the HFAC and actually get a lot of homework done in it.

But none today. Because I forgot to stick my wallet in my backpack this morning (but hey I remembered my lunch so small victories) and what I need to do is buy an online textbook and access code for a class.

Access codes another thing I just don't like about school. If you're wondering what I'm talking about and why I don't like them, this article from buzzfeed will enlighten you.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/leticiamiranda/access-codes?utm_term=.xvGjmBrRB#.pvlY6GyxG

I have two textbooks that I can't sell back to the bookstore or to anyone used because I had to use the access code, and I had one that I had to spend $200 at the book store on instead of $20 on amazon because I had to buy the code that I will probably use 4 times this semester. Ugh.

But anyway. It's now 2:19, Mirrors by the one and only JT is pumping through my headphones, I've taught myself how to embed a link into a blog post, and I managed to track down my sister for an obligatory first-day-of-school photo for our mom, so I'm feeling pretty successful in life. Overall, I would count today as a win!

(especially because I get free pizza tonight at a church activity so I don't even have to feed myself tonight)

Until tomorrow,
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment